Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #319
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Decided to show my 18 year old Victa some love today. This machine is well worn and I only keep it for sentimental reasons, it helped start my business and has payed for itself a thousand times or more. Thing is it still cuts so well despite being a bit smokey every now and then.

Behold the power of the Sprint 375

Replaced the spark plug and air filter. These Briggs and Stratton engines use a messy oil soaked air filter.

The front axle bushes were well in need of replacement.

These bushes are replaced in a kit the also includes new axle fastening clips and galvanized sleeve to help account for wear on the base over the years.

Refitted and tight as a drum again, like new. Those axle clips are a bugger to re-fasten though!

I also also replaced the circlip on the height adjuster/front axle after having bodged a repair with some wire about 10 years ago.

New oil, a bit of a clean and ready for some work. Took her out to mow a couple of small jobs today where lightness is a virtue.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: