View Single Post
Old 21-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #67
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mr Cadogan Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit2359
I recall another video where he claims that the Subaru WRX has a more efficient engine than a Mercedes-Benz C 200 on the basis of "brake mean effective pressure". What absolute crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommof
You may find that BMEP is what engineers use to quantify engine efficiency.

From wikipedia

The mean effective pressure is a quantity relating to the operation of a reciprocating engine and is a valuable measure of an engine's capacity to do work that is independent of engine displacement

So not absolute crap...
Well it may not be "crap" but the fact that he is comparing the Mercedes base model run of the mill POS engine to Subarus "flag Ship" rally bred engine probably is.

He does it all the time, takes the spartan base model Merc, Audi or BMW then compares it to the top of the range Jap or Korean car and declares the Euro a POS. (but they are now on par price wise, that is his excuse.)

It's not a surprise to anyone with half a brain that a Merc is WAY more expensive than a Hyundai if equally specced. But he then sprouts it like he just discovered uranium.

I'm sure if you compare a WRX to an AMG A45, we all know which is the more efficient and technologically advanced car. I know we also all know which is more expensive.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: