View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #39
SmokinXR50

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Strapp Ford - Doncaster

Well, where do I start!!!!!
Having bought 3 Fords from them in the last 8 years says something.
It all started when I met Glenn Gribben, National Fleet Manager back in 2003.
He has looked after my cars from pre sales right through the life of each car.
To this day he is my first point of contact when organising my next service.

Last year I bought a 2nd hand Territory Ghia for the wife (not from Strapp Ford, unfortunately in this case their 2nd hand Terry’s were significantly dearer).
By this stage I had also built up a good relationship with Peter (sorry I forget his surname) who is the Service Manager.
We ran into trouble with the Terry. Apart from squeaky brakes and a faulty window switch it also had a very annoying exhaust rattle. I contacted Peter and arranged to bring it in.
On the day I also told him about the extended warranty I purchased with the Terry. It happened to be one he had never seen or heard of before.
That didn't deter him however. I dropped the car of on a Saturday morning.

He initially expected the centre muffler was gone. After the mechanics worked on the car they figured out the rattle was coming from a loose exhaust shield.
What started out as a possible new muffler at around $450 came back as a loose shield costing me a little over $100.
Peter also managed to contact the Warranty provider and initiate the process to get an account set up with them.
He managed to get it to a point whereby he could replace the window switch under warranty all on the same day. JUST AWESOME!!!!

Late last year I was back in the market after the lease on my Nissan Navara was due.
Having received such great service from Strapp Ford made me also realise just how poor service I received from Nissan.
I won't go into too much detail but will say this. It's not a case of receiving poor service from the Nissan Dealership, it was more of a case it just wasn't up to scratch compared to what I had been use to.
When I made up mind (took all of about a nano second) that I was going to buy another Ford it was time to contact Glenn.
Apart from getting yet another great deal I was happy to be “Back with the Strapp Ford family” as Glenn puts it. (No, this is not a paid advertisement......lol).

When I took the wife’s Terry in for a service I mentioned to Peter that the paint on the left hand side 50th Anniversary badge on my XR50 turbo had chipped of in one corner.
“No probs” he tells me, just give me a few days notice before you bring the XR50 in for its next service and I will take care of it..

Last week it was time to take my beloved XR50 for its 15,000km service. I dropped my car off for its service as planned.
When I picked it up the left hand side badge was replaced and best of all it was done under warranty.
Needless to say if I am going to buy another Ford it will take something extraordinary before I will spend my hard earned dollars with another Ford Dealer.

I’ll stop rambling now.

Cheers,

Chris
SmokinXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote