View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
thebigd

Default Re: MD mondeo - what to look for and servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post
Howdy folks, currently looking at a MD mondeo wagon 2ltr turbo diesel. Just trying to find some real world reviews on things such as servicing costs, and economy numbers, and what problems people have with cars.

Are these like other diesels where every 30,000kms the valve clearance needs to be checked? Do they run a timing belt, if so whats the intervals?

It's a tough choice, love how the car drives, just doing research, my current daily is a 07 BF MKII Fairmont Ghia with nothing wrong it just needs a full service, so weighing up options at the moment.
I can answer a few of your questions.
First of all, I change the oil every 7500k's, not 15000 as the service book states. The correct 0-30 oil will cost you around $80 depending on brand, I do buy my own (Fuchs). Each service costs me around $200 thanks to a trusted local service center.
After 20,000k's my overall economy is sitting at 5.7L / 100, but I do manage 4.7 on the highway.
Yes they run a belt, but I'm not sure when it needs to be changed, or how often you need to check the clearances.
About to pick up a new Trend diesel hatch this week, as my last one was in an accident.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_33071.JPG (126.6 KB, 29 views)
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: