View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
wesso
Telstar TX/5 AX2

Is this an EFI model? If so then I'm sure it would have a metal high pressure fuel filter much the same as my '83 model familiar that is also mounted on the firewall near the throttle body. I am trying to recall how I went about changing mine the last time I did it and I remember that it was a right pain in the ... I had to undo all the screws in the bracket that held it in place and then I went under the car and released the fuel line from its mounting points to give it just enough slack for me to get the hose off.
It pays to have small but strong hands to get in there too : although I'm sure there has to be a much more logical way to do it as I can hardly imagine a professional doing what I did. Anyway once I had the old filter out of the car I replaced the bottom hose with a slightly longer one so that it would be easier to do the job the next time. It also made it much easier to get the new one back in. The trick is to remember to re-catch the metal fuel line under the car back in its clamps otherwise it will rattle like a pig and drive ya nuts.

Maybe take photo and post it here to show the problem which will make it a bit easier to resolve?