View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Wanted: Property Advice Pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I've done all this before.
You can make an offer on the house subject to it being vacant possession on settlement date. It will then be up to to vendor to ask the tenant to vacate, they may offer the tenant some incentive to move before their lease on the property is up.BUT if the tenant does not agree, they cannot be forced to go before time.
I once bought a house with a tenant who had 2 months to go that I was going to move into. I agreed to let the tenant remain until end of lease, but I lowered my offer to take into consideration my messing around/possible capital gains liability on what will be a principle place of residence and to cover the risk that said tenant may turn out to be the Manson family.
Dunno what the current situation is regarding this tho.
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply, danzvtil.

If I knew that the current tenant was undertaking activity that would breach their lease, would I be able to present that evidence and use it as means of changing the tenant over? In this case, I presume that I would need to have appropriate evidence.

What about the case where the current lease is through a different real estate agent to the one I would want to deal with? Does the lease carry over to the new real estate agent or do I have to deal with the existing agent until such time as that lease has expired. There is no way in hell I'd deal with the current one.

Sorry for the q's; I should probably do some research on line before I come on here and ask these!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote