View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Fg 340 mm rotors, legality of brackets

Thanks for the head buzz this afternoon lol but look it is possible in most cases for this to work and get engineered but i can't say what your insurance company is going to allow or not although i have heard QLD prefer factory fitted calipers to be used as they have been tested.We try and make all our kits in the correct way for any engineering purposes which is why they are also dearer.
I have looked at the V6 Chrysler 300c rotors specs myself but the centre hole specs i have are 72.5mm not the 71.5mm.
1.Appreciate that
2.Again i can't answer that question as all insurance companies will give you a different answer.Many calipers have brackets to adapt them on factory vehicles but they have had ADR compliances done and that is a lot of money but you could try for a Engineers report and see if that will be fine with the insurance companies.
3.Thats great but remember the 72.5mm centre hole issue and you may also have a radius issue with the caliper fouling on a larger 345mm disc or the pad not sitting correct on the rotor radius.Should check that with a cardboard 345mm cut out disc in the caliper.
4.4. If you think it's a bad idea for whatever reason then I'll probably just go with the 322 mm fronts, slotted discs all round, and grippier pads. I already have some V8 calipers lying around. **** They will work
- Discs wise I'm leaning towards RDA (Mustang ones seemed OK) unless I could still get DBA4000 without slots? I'm not convinced that DBA street series would perform noticeably better than RDA and the T3s are pretty dear... **** RDA aren't that bad and you can get plain DBA4000 rotors.
- Pads wise what would be the best performing (cold and hot) pads that would
Pull it up noticeably better than OEM pads and:
- Don't need to be warmed up to work,
- Don't chew the discs up ridiculously fast,
- Don't make a crazy amount of noise, -
- But can be a bit dusty and expensive if need be? Ds2500? Bendix Ultimate?
EBC Rainbow pads? Remsas? Brembos? I don't mind washing rims if need
be. **** Ferodo DS Performance or Remsa which are cheaper.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote