View Single Post
Old 13-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #21
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2009 MB Mondeo Oil Pressure Switch Faulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Well that's good and bad news. I'm glad that the new mechanic appears to have found the issue. I always thought it wasn't a coincidence that the problem started happening after your service. I guess you won't know for sure until you get it back and are able to test it yourself.
Yeah, I always thought it was weird too, but blamed the fact that I'd done 30,000km without servicing it, being lazy... Just thought that when they dropped the oil all the sludge or whatever had gummed up the system... Then when they replaced the oil pump and it didn't fix it, I got suspicious, which is why I contacted my mate for advice...

Could have saved myself a **** load of trouble and asked my mate first... Didn't even occur to me that he'd know people down here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Bad news that you now have to deal with the previous mechanic. It sucks for him that one of his guys stuffed up but that's not your problem it's his. Hopefully you can get the right outcome.
Yeah, I've tried that already, they won't have a bar of it, and pretty much told me to G&GF... So, stuff it, I'm calling fair trading the minute I get my car back tomorrow and confirm it's fixed, and will seek remedy for not only the unnecessary oil pump change, but also for the taxi's I've had to take, and for the new mechanic's charges too, considering that aside from the extra labour for troubleshooting all he ended up doing was an oil and filter change...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote