View Single Post
Old 15-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #64
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
The Copper distribution network will be "switched off", being ultimately replace completely with Fibre Optics - For many there will still be a couple o'uindred metres of copper between them and the node - and just my 2c - if that copper is ingood nick then it would be good for well over the 100mb that NBN offers.

Is there anyone on a FTN setup with a 100/40 plan that could confirm of deny ??
Will find out soon.

I'm still on ADSL2 and get 19Mbps down 800k up on a 20/1 service ... and I'm 300m from the node (next street).

So my lead-in copper must be fairly good at least.
FTTN is ready ... I just need to make the switch.

Mind you ... was down the shops the other day and did a speed test on my personal and work phones (Optus) .... and the tower was across the park from the shops.

was able to get 300mps down and 88Mbps up via 4G. My 4G reception at home is nowhere near that though unfortunately though. It's better than Telstra though where there is no phone reception at all (half the street is like it ... and this is Sydney metro.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: