View Single Post
Old 18-12-2022, 06:21 PM   #3548
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I havent ridden for over 2 years. Lost a fair bit of interest and had other plaguing family issues which had consumed all my energy.

This in turn has made me put on some weight with the stress and anxiety.

That said, I joined a gym about 4 months back and have made consistent efforts to attend at least 2 times a week plus a fortnightly personal assistant appointment for regular technique checks and tweaks of my program. This has allowed me to build a lot of my strength back, has allowed me to put my frustrations in to lifting weight and I am slowly losing weight again, albeit in lieu of muscle.

I will get back into riding again one day but I plan on getting an MTB e-bike setup to maybe do more off road trails and have more fun with it safely. Road riding was my thing but I have found the frustrations of drivers on the roads can equate to a lot more hazards than MTB riding.
I hate riding on the road, not to mention road bikes dont do anything for me but i appreciate them none the less.
I dont ride to get fit, i ride for enjoyment really.
My e bike has just added to the enjoyment, im not getting any younger (40 next year) but this bike has opened up all kinds of options.
Yesty i rode 30kms
I had a family xmas thing last night, few beers not nothing over the top.
Woke up this morning, went out and did another 28 or so.
I love throwing myself down the steep trails, but i also now love challenging myself with climbing and seeing what i can get the bike up now.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: