Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2021, 09:58 PM   #83
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
I've been doing HO scale model rail for years but on a whim about six months ago I bought a Huina 1550 R/C excavator in 1:14 scale. Cost me about $120. Then I bought a Huina 1573 tipper truck also same scale.. Then an upgraded 1592 Huina excavator and a 1:16 scale dozer and a month ago a WL tipper truck quite similar to the 1573 one.

Whilst they are nowhere near the proper hobby grade level they do surprisingly well for a cheap price to start in a fascinating hobby . Both excavators will be upgraded with worm drive rams rather than gear driven ones they come with fairly soon ..Upgrade kits are about $80 each .. All up I've spent about $600 so far . One of my latest DCC /Sound model rail locomotives cost me $450 to put that into perspective ...

That said there are some prices well in excess of $5000 for similar looking items I have and even way more than that .. However if it's your passion and you can afford it , that's fine by me ..

Radio control in any guise is fun .
Hide your wallet in the freezer or somewhere where you will temporarily forget. So model railway can become very expensive depending on how hardcore you are about it.
Rc heavy machinery, look it up on the youtubes. These guys are nuts with realism and expenditure. So to dedicate a room for a train table and a digital control setup, yeah thats 1 thing thats not cheap. But to dedicate a room for an rc quarry? I'd like to say they have rocks in their heads, but i sort of understand it. Not the financial side.
For me, my rc car is in no way shape or form realistic. But its modified to go fast. You cannot go fast in a real car without either risking public safety or a driver licence. So I'll take the rc car as an outlet to go fast as a responsible choice.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: