View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #98
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: 40 THOUSAND (hypothetical) SPONDOOLIES - for a used car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
How does none of the above sound. Japanese spew spew.

For 40 kay you have alot of options but for me I would be looking at anything Aussie made and v8 (resale and future collectability).

Any of this euro trash just spells trouble... Any decent used euro for around the 40k mark will be worth 10k in a few years time.

Im going to go FPV GT 5.0. Can get good private ones in the 30's and they are just about tanked in my opinion. Then go spend 5k on spare parts for it (as **** is getting harder by the day to obtain).
Hmm come on your more wordly than that, you also bought a AU XR6 with the intentions of keeping it, ROI wont be any better.

Those E46 M3's and E49 M5 will never be worth $10k. Ever, I dont recall even seeing high km E34 M5's get below $20k.

There are plenty of E28 M135i for $15k+, so you can do alright with EU cars if you are careful.

I wouldnt touch any of the newer stuff though, the C63's are awesome but $$ for repairs, the V10 M5 is the same and the V8 M3 not much better.

The EU cars have a much wider audience than the Aussie stuff, and even the Oz cars are going to cost decent coin to fix when a 5.4/5.0 has issues.

Really depends on what you want to do, daily it, track car, investment etc
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: