Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #397
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
About a week ago our boss asked us to go and visit a nearby neighbour to the school where I work to assess a job . My workmate is a fully qualified tree faller, bushman , seed collector for Foresty Commission and now works part time as our groundsman and there were two big gum trees really close the blokes property adjacent to our blackwood plantation . Wayne had to have a good look to see what the risk was to bring these trees down . Would require extra care as one of the trees had a twin trunk that had potential to have a mind of it's own if things were not ideal.

Wayne did some other checks and reported back to the house owner and the boss of course to decide on best options. Both these trees will require excavator work to brace them as they are felled .

Now the issue is who pays for it because they are impeding building approval from the local council as the bloke wants to extend his garage and the council thinks the trees are too close to the boundary fence where the extension will end. Trees are great but they can be a nightmare to deal with sometimes ....especially when bloody Councils are involved .
Not the sunday just passed, the sunday before, we did take down the 1 of 3 trunks that was leaning away from property. Being up the ladder i could see not ending well, so my 30m anchor line was around the top, and my mate was on the saw. So i was on the rope and well away so we felled that bit in 1 go. My little chainsaw struggled, but i only bought it for my small stuff. Its been awesome for small stuff. The other 2 trunks need more thought. Deffinately need to be sectioned and roped. My mate wants to climb the tree for that but, yeah nah. I wont allow it. A cherry picker and my rope would be ideal, but even though i bring 12m trailer mounts home often enough, there is no access to either next doors yard or the yard behind to back one in. My yard has access, but those lifts will not extend far enough sideways, and even if they did, you sacrifice too much height. The other stupid argument is, my mate wants to buy a stihl. Yes, that will do the job better. But for 1 tree? And it doesnt matter. Still no solid plan. Also the expectation is my donation of premix and bar oil. I do keep pre mix as i do my own lawns. But for a 1 off, just borrow or rent a good chainsaw once a plan that wont involve serious injury is hatched.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote