View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #53
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: Swear Filter Avoidance

I don't see the problem with the filter as it is. It's easily recognisable when the filter kicks in with asterisks as to what the poster is talking about - it's not rocket science that it's to the point of incomprehension for the average person.

The abbreviations accepted on this forum like wtf, ffs, gtfo, fmd are all pretty clear. swmbo did my head in - urban dictionary and google sorted that out for me.

I swear like a ******* wharfie, never been cautioned for my posts. %^@% never got me in trouble either. I can usually find an acceptable forum friendly synonym/acronym for what I want to say.

This is a well moderated, well organised and user friendly forum - so good it's the only one I've bothered to become a donating member to.

Leave the swear filter the **** alone, show some respect, and use your imagination. ;)

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 09-09-2014 at 03:52 PM.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: