View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #4
cubic25
Starter Motor

Default Re: Android auto headunit

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.
I'm replying via phone, so CBF with link. If you go to their website and type in your car, all the products are listed.

I heard back from Aerpro. Their customer support is fantastic.
Just incase anyone else goes down the same route, here it is:

We'll start with the fascia kit. Both will do the job, both will suit the Sony unit. The FP9171B is made of a higher quality plastic and has a better mounting system, but is also $100 more expensive than the FP9071B. We like to offer customer the choice of quality. This is not to say the FP9071B is not an acceptable kit. (I personally would chose it over the 9171B),

Next - the Primary (car side) harness. No parking sensors? Plug and play? CHFO2C then. CT10 parts are 'T' harnesses used to help an install of an external Bluetooth Car Kit, and the universal harness (APUNISW2) is not plug and play friendly.

Then we need the Secondary (stereo side) harness. To suit the Sony unit - APP9SP4 (this is an APP8SP4 and APSONYPL as one part number, works out a bit cheaper)

Grab an APA58 antenna adapter and your good to go.

After you purchase, and your ready to do the install, there is a procedure you need to remember regarding the steering wheel control module's initialize method. Before you plug it into the cars harness and power it up, you must have the patch lead plugged in first. There is also a dip switch that needs to be set before initialized. (pic attached below for your reference)
cubic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: