View Single Post
Old 15-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #12
Kiwi67
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2016 MD Mondeo idle issue

Car going Ford dealership for a diagnostic ( that I've already done twice) to find the issue on monday. Filled up late on Wednesday afternoon with BP 98, thinking yeah a better type of 98. Wrong.
Filled up at 1/4 of a tank as per usual, readout said I'd done 302km. Thats total crap now. My mileage is getting worse, theres no codes. Cars not running rich, lean, medium, well done or even grilled. Lol. Its actually running good but its sucking fuel like a $10 hooker. V8's get more mileage. Contacted Ford AU who have agreed with the fuel issue and have given me warranty ref #.
So why am I thinking I'm gonna get stitched??
Can i ask what's your readout told you how far you've gone when you've filled up at 1/4 of a tank? 302 km is just unacceptable and so far off the mark of what Ford say the car should be getting around town. Hell, I'm driving via what the instant meter says and keeping it between 5 - 6 per 100 at 60 kph. Still drinking it like a V- frickin 10 .
Cars a late 2016 MD Mondeo Ambiente wagon petrol, its only done 39660 kms. Just done a 60K service on it to try sort the problem out. Nope, didnt do a thing. New plugs, MAF sensor checked and cleaned etc and no joy. $650 bucks. Not a happy bunny. At all.

From what I've read now I'm a bit distrustful of the blue oval head office and just want to know WTF is going on with my car. Its my own business car, if it goes bang, my business wont survive as im a mobile paint repairs.
If any one has any suggestions i can take on monday I'd be grateful.

Cheers guys

Have a great weekend.
Kiwi67 is offline   Reply With Quote