View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #265
Boosted8
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Do you have much longer doing the course? Is there a set time frame you have to get through? I had stress, anxiety and mild depression for a decade, at the time every molehill is a mountain and each time you get through the current stress point you wonder why you worried about it but it rears it's head the next time and the next. It took me years to learn how to spot the symptoms and years how to control them. In the time between learning these coping skills I found some relief by taking natural stress relief tablets, unfortunately I think the triggers are different for everyone and there is no generic solution. Writing your feelings down in a forum such as this is a good start and let you know you are not alone.
I have at least one more year for this course.

Unfortunately this isn't a subject that I can just ask friends or family about because very few people have this kind of knowledge.

I think you make some great points about not trying to build things up to be bigger than they are but it's difficult sometimes. For example, right now I have hours upon hours of code in front of me and then the lecturers throw pointless assessments in just because they are forced to by their "masters".

I feel like yelling: "Is it relevant to ask me about workplace health & safety right now!? I'm not stupid enough to take a break from coding to stick my hands inside the power supply!!!"

The stress is real.
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote