Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #89
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I bought my first ever lawn mower not too long ago. Previous houses I had flatmates with lawnmowers, then I spent probably 15+ years in flats, so never had a lawn.

Have never heard of Yard Force, but it looked to have the same motor as the more expensive mowers, my woman liked the colour, and sure, i'd like a bigger deck, but I don't have much of a lawn here, and it's nice and flat, so a little 4 stroke was pretty much ideal.

I think a battery powered job would have been the better option, but they were pricey, and I wasn't sure how good they are. I have to think no worse than what I got, which does the job, but this also cost far less.
Looks pretty good ..actually is a nice colour and she's got the black wheels too. ..

Here's a Yard Force battery mower review if ever you consider getting one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSgHVe56o1M ..Not too bad either.. Prices wise the battery mowers are becoming somewhat comparable now depending on brand so for growing numbers they might be worth considering ..I know with other garden care items the battery equipment could be also worth considering . My one and only such item is a line trimmer . Will not go remotely close to doing the work my Jonsered brushcutter does but it's already great for snipping around the fence and little bushes and plants . Runs one 18 volt battery and up to 45 minutes of run time..plenty for my uses .

Last edited by roddy1960; 02-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote