Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #70
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I personally dont buy into the whole Honda superiority thing. They are overrated.

The self-prop models lack a full width chute as the SP gear takes up some of that space. This hampers the catching ability, and I can tell you there is nothing more frustrating than having to unblock the chute every few minutes. (Motor off, catcher off, clear blockage, catcher back on, motor restarted.....)
Oh that's why my new neighbour is always starting it up, it has that dog lazy self propelled rubbish and he is only 30yo, hell the woman who lived there before him had a real nice small Honda and she was pushing that at 95yo with no worry's and all and it was a nice and quite one, but his is loud and he is all ways cutting out going into to long a grass and snuffing it out, he lets the grass grow to long.

Mine is a 20yo Rover Brigs and like new one spark plug and a broken lower handle it just snapped off about 5yo ago, so I bought that new part for handle.
my wiper snipper is a McCulloch pro max2335 and only one spark plug and a air filter that just happened to disappeared into the motor over that time.

My other neighbour he bought some new cheap rubbish and took it back to bunnings, he did not like it at all.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote