View Single Post
Old 31-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #24
stevieg

Default Re: Kempsey Ford closes! :(

Hi Rob,

Wow, what a fantastic reply Mate. I will defo give B or Barry as I now know he is. I can confirm that the plastic is still on part of the white trim and the car is still in as original condition as it was when Barry owned it. The condition of the car is testament to it's previous 2 owners. I have only owned the car for about 6 months and actually bought it only by the pic's and description by the guy who bought it from Barry who lived in South Australia. He told me he had bought it from an old guy in Kempsey so this all checks out with what you have told me. As I have gone through it as you do, there is not one spot of rust on the car. I do mean NO RUST. It still has the original push button radio and a very rare thing in that it has an oil pressure gauge in the centre console. This was fitted to only a few cars, it was more common to have a clock. I have also confirmed that it is a matching numbers car but I would love to know what the original NSW reg number was. Another wacky thing is that the spare wheel has never been used!! I think I have been extremely lucky to have found a car in this condition, it is amazing. I drive the car on the great sunny days and it breaks necks everywhere it goes, it's like driving a fish bowl. I think it is better than any show car I have seen and I will not be selling this one. The little Crossflow runs like a dream and everything is tight, in fact for it's age the gearbox is the tightest I have driven, amazing. I now have it on club plates,. It went though the test and needed nothing, the mechanics were amazed by it's condition and all made offers to buy. I am in Geelong, Vic but I travel to NSW sometimes as I have family there, so I may drop in on Barry and give him a surprise. Any way I will post a pic up when I get the time and thanks for you're wonderfully reply. You have made my day.

If you have any other info please contact me.

Steve
stevieg is offline   Reply With Quote