View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #26
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Engine build advice - general

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yep, I think I saw this once too. Those pullers are bl**dy expensive to buy. Cummins sized ones are something like $1800 now, I borrowed one myself.
yep even at the railways and with all the equipment at our use we made the pullers instead of buy them due to price

lathe turning down the under sleeve plug to the same size as the sleeve and drilling and tapping to suit a long threaded rod
atop of the block a large chunk of pipe wider than the liner size on end with a plate welded to the end with a hole larger than the threaded rod and the threaded rod with a nut welded to the end
and just wind up till the base plate pulls the liner up in to the pipe atop
albeit the lathe to make such tool prob was in the tens of thousands $ even tho useable for much else we did to make the $1800 tool
did notice that a lot in doing my trade that they would prefer us to build our tools as much as possible rather than buy in , so we bought tools to make tools

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: