View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #10
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Engine build advice - general

Hi,
Of course my injector pump is toast if there has been as much as a drop of water in it. Once I have installed the crank, the camshaft, and the timing gears I should be able to hook up the injectors into the air or into a container, and give it a spin with the starter to see the injection pulses are happening.

Right now I'm not going to touch the injection timing. If I do that, then the pump needs to be sent away for correct timing locking at TDC.

By the way, these late model Delphi pumps are piles of poo from the factory, containing many plastic parts etc. I have a few of them for parts already. Could possibly build one out of many, or just swap the pressure head on it etc.

Haven't received my cylinder honing tool yet. It's on its way in the post. Any opinions if I should almost leave the bores alone, just do a light clean-up, or more? Again, this one has no wear, no scratches, so in my view just a light clean-up, in particular where the pistons had been sitting.

Yes, it seems easy to get parts for these. I was a bit worried about the aftermarket parts from India on Ebay, so I got a mix of aftermarket and genuine parts from Rouse Hill Tractors (Sydney). They had all the overhaul parts in stock at reasonable prices.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: