View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #27
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Auction - Peter Brock's 1969 HDT Bathurst Monaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Seriously can't we discuss like regular people instead of resorting to childish barbs and repetitious use of "acquaintance" in an attempt to try to make a point.

I was simply restating what the mate told me in a text when I sent him details of the car.

Sales like this are 'buyer beware', he has obviously come across some question marks regarding the car and isn't happy to bid. That doesn't mean 'fraud' or any bs simply that he isn't happy and won't bid despite having the means to.

It's always up to each and every potential purchaser to ensure that they are satisfied enough to actually bid.
I've been and viewed classic cars at auction before that had unsupported claims made about them and simply walked away. I'm sure many of us have similar experiences.
Nothing childish at all mate, and as for the acquaintance, i'll call them whatever makes you happy but when some nameless individual on a forum describes as hearing from "somebody" it doesn't leave a lot of choice in describing them.....

Everybody knows it's buyer beware and any potential buyer needs to do there due diligence, thats plainly obvious and needs no mention, what gets my goat though is when some individual, without producing an ounce of evidence other than stating 'heard from somebody', posts on a public forum that there is questions on it's provenance....

So i'll ask, if your mate had questions about the car did he ask for them to be cleared up, as any serious bidder would? and if not satisfied with the answers what are these question marks? you made the statement/claim so please follow it up...

Funnily enough this is one of the most well documented historic racing cars to come up for auction, it was never in any serious accidents during it's racing career and everytime it has sold it has been put through the wringer to prove it's authenticity and came through with flying colors, the car has been logged all the way back to to it's birth so any discrepancy would be easily verifiable.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote