View Single Post
Old 28-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Even Deader Cougar in the driveway

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow View Post
I read somewhere a way to drain the fuel was to disconnect the fuel line from the motor and let the fuel pump MT the tank.

It was a backyard fix from the US site.
There's a valve (same as a tyre valve) on the fuel line near the manifold. You remove the valve and turn the ignition on but you have to bridge the relay so the pump runs continuously otherwise it'll only deposit whats under pressure to the fuel rail. I'm not game to bridge the relay as I'm not confident which terminal does what. Apparently it can do some damage if its not done right.
Not so sure it's the fuel either. We took out about two litres using the above method and let it sit overnight. Didn't see anything unusual in the bottom of the bottle. From what I've found so far if they almost run under full throttle (like this one) the coil pack is ****** or the crank angle sensor is ******. Ordered both this week so when they arrive I'll replace both and see what happens. We were going to replace the coil pack anyway to chase a small miss it had on take off. Also found a vacuum connection on the manifold badly split as well.
Mesa is online now   Reply With Quote