View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #10
Bainos
Starter Motor

Default Re: Focus LT TDCI Maintenance Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveX View Post
I can't remember if this kit included a gasket for the water pump. But all I know is I didn't have to buy one. We did used a gasket sealant.
As for the timing tools, we didn't used the proper ones. We used a bent 8mm rod to lock the flywheel and time the crankshaft. An 8mm bolt to time the camshaft sprocket.

We followed a thorough video on you tube in this link

And I also made a written version of the instructions, with a list of all the parts and tools that you are gonna need. Link here. You can print it as reference.
Thanks for those links, both look like they will be very useful when it comes time to do the timing belt job. I will need to see if I can get a water pump gasket elsewhere if its not in that kit as i'm not particularly fond of using sealants in places of gaskets.

Regarding my heater core, I have replaced the core and connected it all back up as it was originally however I still have no heat coming out when i have my heater running.. Is there anything that could cause this? I have heat cycled the car a couple times to allow it to get up to temp and the coolant feed hoses feel hot to the touch as if water has been passing through them into the core so im unsure why its still blowing cold air..

Does the orientation in which the water hoses are connected in the engine bay at the firewall to the two heater core pipes matter? I.e. does it matter if the water is going into the core in the top or bottom pipe or should this make no difference? I wasn't sure which one should be going into the top or bottom because when I got the car the heater core had already been bypassed so i never saw the original orientation.
Bainos is offline   Reply With Quote