View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #953
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Feel better now, being all judgemental?

My daughter's uni course had an entry atar requirement of around 97. You think the students that want to get in to those sort of courses don't put in the work? I'd much rather have my daughter put in the hard work at this end of her life (which she did, 98.7 atar) and set herself up for later than be worrying about after school jobs or getting a licence as soon as able.

You fear for the future but it may well be controlled by those students you detest now, who see long term, not short term.
True for the people that actually use the free time as intended.

More than half didn't. They did what they did to keep their parents happy.

When they didn't get the marks they wanted there was always an excuse.

Now Uni's are wanting to see other 'non academic' entry factors than marks to get in. Life experiences, membership to clubs and groups, volunteering in the community, individual initiatives and interests, learning stuff outside of school because you wanted to not had to, work experience, involvement in sports etc.

These life skills were a given not that long ago before smart phones and Fortnite.

Now some Uni's are interviewing applicants for courses. I know of academically brilliant students that have not got in because they bombed out in the interview.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: