View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #52
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving to Work Costs 14k per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
You who?

I've stayed as a guest of a Melbourne mate who told me "don't pay for the tram, the government stuffed it up, so screw them.." He lived within 2km of the CBD though, so he didn't care if you had to stand.

I've also lived on the Gold Coast, Reedy Creek, so no chance of not getting a seat when working in Brisbane, as that's where the train started from. Did that for a while too.

Still hate public transport though. Even though after 20 years of my first QLD experience, Brisbane highway traffic to CBD at peak hour was a standstill. Sigh, what happend Qld?
One of my mates lives in Melbourne and he uses the Tram to work every day (Fitzroy to the City) and rarely buys a ticket... It is funny when I go down to visit and the plain clothes ticket inspectors start doing a check between stops and half the tram goes for the ticket machine to buy one...

But anyway, as for OP... If public transport was a viable option for me I would use it for sure but from home to work it would be 2 decent walks, 2 buses, 2 trains and approx. 2.5 hours each way...

Driving takes between 30 and 50 minutes dependant on the day (different shifts) and my petrol costs for the whole week (work and non work driving) is less than the cost of public transport. Plus there is no better remedy to a stressful day than a V8 and a stick shift....

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: