Thread: mb vs mc
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: mb vs mc

MC has the 2.2L TDCI whilst the MB had the 2L. The MB had the typical slushbox auto but it also had changed nearing the end of the production run to the DCT. The MC only had the DCT for it's trans.

Obviously the MC had a facelift and the 2.2L DW12 euro5 emissions engine which had more power ~128kW against the MB's 2L DW10 100kW or 103kW euro4 emission brethren.

I love the MB with slushbox but I reckon I could have easily overcome my concerns with the MC DCT to which I still feel anecdotally there may be concern with the MY10/12 and the trans input shaft speed sensor.

A neighbour near my folks place (well known friend) whom also has an MC has commented that my MB is much quieter than his, standing next to it in teh garage with the bonnet up and upper&lower engine cover off running, which were interesting. He doesn't go much on the DCT but it's not like he hates it either. It's not played up on him which is good, I like the MC look better than the MB but it's served me well and sourcing parts has made the cost of ownership quite cheap (imo).

If I were looking for another Mondeo in MB/MC guise I reckon I'd go the MC Titanium spec.
This user likes this post: