Originally Posted by Climaxxx View Post
Hi Mate
Are you still on here???

Yer mate just your saw your PM

Il write back you here, best i can to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climaxxx
Hi Mate
I have 3.73 diff gears put in. Instant whine i thought was from gears but i think it's the trans, now after trans stuffed the bearings and a rebuild. A speedo corrector was installed at the ECU. The whine is still there with correct speed showing and the torque converter is still not locking up. It keeps hunting like it did before.I would og thought the trans people would of callibtated the car etc. Can you please help???
Thanks
Shane

Sorry for the delay

Sold the au so hard to get ya pics

Il explain best i can

Post photos here, and il show you how to do it

You need post photos here of the

3 wires running to transducer under car
inside engine bay, passenger side firewall where all the wires run through bung
Behind the glovebox
Behind the passenger side kickpanel
ECU
ECU plug

You will need to run a wire from the transducer

Under the car, passenger side of the gearbox,

Look for the 3 wires running up to the top, back of the box

You will need to find the white wire here, just strip a little plastic off, (do not cut it, no need ) too expose some copper

grab 4 metres of some 12 or 14 gauge wire and solder on

Run that wire, up into the firewall on the passenger side, you see a black bung on the firewall with a heap of wires going into it, thread that wire in with the others,

go into the car, remove the glovebox and you will see all those wires and your new wire coming through the bung

remove the kick panel on the passenger side to expose the ECU,

Drill out the rivett and remove ecu out enough to unplug, there is a screw on top on the plug that holds it to the ecu, so unscrew it first

Grab the ecu plug and look for pin 58, loosen up that wire,( its a white wire ), loosen it from the bundle and cut it 100mm to 200mm back from plug,

Join your new wire from transducer in this pin 58 wire on the plug, so now you have a direct line from transducer straight to pin 58

Tape and cap off the other end of the white wire you cut, it comes from elsewhere, and no longer required

Now look for pin 71, its a red wire

Strip back a bit of plastic and solder on 1 side of 1k ohm resistor to it,

Then on the other end of the resistor, solder than on to you pin 58 wire , preferably where you just did that new join

Hope my drawing helps

If not post pics and il help from the pics

Last edited by NCII40; 30-11-2021 at 11:05 PM.
NCII40 is offline   Reply With Quote