View Single Post
Old 18-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 
Default Re: AU V8 Conversion - Parts List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Falcon XR6 View Post
Great list !! I'm doing my conversion in the next few months and this will be a great help.
I've got a few questions the 6 cyl run a 2 pin alturnator and the 8 runs a 3 pin connector which 2 of the 3 pins do you use on the V8 alturnator ??
Also in what way is the EVAP Cannister different to the 6 cyl i thought you could make the 6 cylinder one work for the 8 ??
Cheers Lorenz
The Cannisters themselves look the same, so does the solanoid, but the vac lines are completely different, as the V8 ones have the fuel line closer and connect to a different spot on the engine.

I do have a set of Lines here from a V8 Cannister if you require, but it might just be easier to pickup a EVAP cannister from a wrecker as they literally slide in and out with very little effort required.

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: