View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #18
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 
Default Re: Focus Headlight Adjustment not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregy View Post
The firt time I tried to adjust and nothing happened, I was actually using the left-right adjustment and not up and down (at that time I thought there was only one adjustment screw - when there are in fact 2). The Focus doesn't have a seperate adjustment for high and low beam - just 2 screws, up and down and left and right which adjusts both low and high beam at the same time.
As for the lights being from a left hand drive model rather than a right hand drive model, is not the case. I have taken photos of the headlights of several other LV Focus's and the makings on the glass are identical. Even if they were the wrong lights this woulld only effect the aim of the lights from side to side with the lights pointing to the right side of the road rather than the left. My issue is the up and down adjustment and the unusual inverted V light pattern
Fair enough. Just trying to help out. So high beam is automatically adjusted when you adjust the low beam, as normal.
You have tried to lift up the low beam, and had to go so far that the high beam is now pointing to the sky.
The upside V patttern sounds to me like the globe is somehow installed upside down. But I dont think that applies with h7 globe, dunno.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote