View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 12:00 AM   #16
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 
Default Re: Focus Headlight Adjustment not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregy View Post
I aimed the headlights at a flat wall 7.5M away and proceeded to turn the LOWER nylon adjustment screw and the aim of the lights started to rise! I tried to aim about 50MM below the center line of the light, but before I reached this point I ran out of adjustment and the adjustment screw just went "click" "click" I still had the strange inverted "V" shape light pattern as before, but at least the lights were now much higher. I went for a drive and the distance of the light throw was greatly improved and much better lighting of the road.
I then tried High Beam (separate reflector with H1 bulb) and the high beam lights were shining up into the trees! Obviously the point of aim of both low and high have gone up when I adjusted the low beam (the high beam was previously aimed correctly) - so obviously there is something wrong with the low beam reflector or bulb mounting. Any ideas?
Remember the first time you tried adjusting and nothing was happening? Maybe you were turning the high beam adjustment and didn't know it. Just a guess, I dont know focus.
With the low beams, the usual thing to do when you run out of adjustment in one direction, is to loosen the bolts that hold the whole headlight assembly, move it in the desired direction then retighten to lock it in place. The idea is to move it a bit too far in the required direction so then you can wind back the adjuster.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote