View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Illicit Drugs- Decriminalise and regulate or further enforcement?

It looks like NSW is about to begin an inquest into drug related deaths at NSW music festivals:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...5-1fa79d195b4f

Or do you think it's time for a further crackdown on drug users and dealers/manufacturers?

My opinion is we should regulate drugs, have a pharmaceutical company make them so it's 99.9% pure and sold in less lethal doses - tax the absolute **** out of it and use the funding to educate and treat addiction as a mental health issue.

Then use our existing police drug departments to stomp on illegal non-regulated drug dealers and manufacturing operations hard.

How many billions of dollars is this shady industry worth? If I was a politician I'd be pushing for a large slice of the industry, there is an opportunity to monopolise this under government control under the pretence of education and healthcare while getting another tax revenue stream - GST, licensing fees on manufacturing and distribution and further taxes like on alcohol and tobacco.

What's your opinion on drug use? Do you think it's time to regulate illicit drugs, tax them and make some spondoolies off this like we do out of smokers?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: