View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:30 AM   #100
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

I'm not a massive fan of our current mob in Canberra but I appreciate now how they've handled co-ordinating the States handling of the pandemic to date evidenced by the really low fatalities . Helps too with a bit of bi-partisan support through it all ..

The new tougher foreign takeover rules for me is "it's about time " . I hope that this flows into trade as well and we take a more pragmatic look at how we trade with China as a part of that ....if it ever happens .

I reckon that when the day comes that our mineral resources are exhausted which makes up a big chunk of our trade with China , without safeguards for other trade resources they'll wipe us like a dirty bum .

Given the threat from them with big tariffs on barley and other produce we are already finding vunerable we are trading with an angry China mostly on the back of supporting an investigation into the virus outbreak .

it's probably time we show them we have a few teeth too and will not be bullied into agreeing with them on everything . After all it's still our country and not China's or anybody else's yet .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote