View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #712
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Camping Thread

Looking at a battery/inverter portable setup for camping.

I Dont know a lot about power outputs etc, but have read about Lithium power packs and their compact nature whicl still packing a punch over the AGM counterparts.

I was hoping to run a small Waeco fridge and power a pod coffee machine off it with too much trouble.

I took my mates 4wd supacenter Adventure Kings 1500w inverter a few weekends back with his 100aH AGM battery supply and the Inverter was beeping its nut off when I used the pod machine which is rated to 1200w max. Its possible the unit is a 1500w surge but Im not sure. Tha battery meter went down to 11.6v when the coffee machine was heating up so I dont think its the battery. Possibly the inverter being one of the first original units from 4wd SC which could be on its way out?

Anyway, I like the idea of a smallish portable battery and inverter to take with me on those off grid trips. So can anyone recommend me a unit that will supply enough power to power the fridge and coffee pod machine easily enough without alarms going off?

Is a Lithium/Inverter in one unit worth the added cost for the compactness and versatility alone? I am happy to pay good money for a unit that will do the job really well.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont