View Single Post
Old 13-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #138
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Cav's Fabulous AUII Fairlane Sportsman

I put a double din system (well the audio place did) in my XR8 ute Martin that is now owned by pride and joy, the installer had to cut away a bit of the hole. The result was a little rough if you looked closely, but I thought it was OK because the overlook was much better.

I live 350kms away from that audio place I used on a number of occasions, so I too am wondering how to go about getting the new system up and running now that I live in Tumut.

There is an audio place a bit over 100kms away, but they don't seem to carry many brands although I am down to either Sony or Alpine with Alpine having the looks but I am wary of the FM range, so I need to talk to some experts.

Locally I am going to talk to an auto elec that I have used and who seems to be on the ball, about installing the stereo if I buy a unit online.

It seems you and I have arrived at the same dilemma Martin, what about a cover that completes the install by covering up the edges?

So my plan is this.

1) Chat to the local auto elec.

2) Chat to the guys at WCR Wagga

3) If nothing comes of 1) or 2); then I will head down to Frankies at Albion Park who I know will be able to do a good job.(we have kids down in Shellharbour and visit often)
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote