View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
Gregy
Starter Motor

Angry Focus Headlight Adjustment not working

My partner has a 2009 LV Focus - it is the base model (I think CL is the model)
A few years ago she blew both low beam halogen headlamp bulbs and went to an auto electrician to have them replaced. Ever since then the light pattern has been really strange - an upside down "V" shape rather than the horizontal line with a 30° upward sweep at the left sides. The lighting on the road is also very poor.
I finally decided to do something about it. I assumed (incorrectly) that the sparky had used inferior quality globes or didn't fit them correctly, so I replaced them with a set of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 globes. These are definately whiter and brighter, but still have the inverted "V" pattern and poor lighting. I then realised the strange pattern is probably because the lights are aimed far too low in front of the car.
I drove to a wall made some markings 50MM lower than the headlight centres and reversed bay 7.5M and attempted to adjust the lights using the white nylon adjustment screws with the 7MM in hex (on top of each light)- but nothing happened!! I turned these first clockwise dozens of times and dozens of times anti-clockwise and the light aim did not move at all. I did he same with the other headlight and the aim of this headlight didn't move either.

Can any one offer any suggestions as to why the headlight adjusters on both headlights don't work and how to remedy this?
Gregy is offline   Reply With Quote