View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #54
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Cars you owned once and since sold them and know there worth Big Bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
Any photos, asking for a mate
Maybe theres a kodak my brother has. Thats doubtful. Camera phones or digital cameras were new not really existent back then. The car itself was bastardised from day dot. Now, when cars are new people dont care about originality. So it had a vc brock spoiler on it, dealer fit, my uncle didnt like the vh spoiler. The interior was swapped out near new. Steering wheel was, and we still have it, a momo from a vk director. And in 87 my uncle put on VL calais 15s because he liked them more. The rest of the car was correct. Build plate, all that stuff. So if it existed today, it wouldnt be a $100k car, not even a 30k car. Maybe 25k on a good day. But the one that got away none the less.
My brothers project car is an 82 vh. Hes had that one for 20 odd years. Its no hdt, its a sl/x. Factory 253. Genuine second owner, my first girlfriends mum owned it from new. Its 90% done, but the last 10% takes 90% of the time. Paint and a freshen up mechanically. So time and effort, it should be pretty booring but cool. Itd fetch more then 3500 i reckon.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote