View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #38
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you owned once and since sold them and know there worth Big Bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi guys,
if we each had a crystal ball all those years ago!
For the guys in my age group or older will remember in 1971 you could buy a RT Valiant E38 charger for $3975.00.

That was a lot of money back then because our dads who worked then got no Superannuation and the wage in 1971 was $6,497.08 a year.

I have a Wheels Magazine dated January 1979.

A Ferrari 308GT4 was $46,418.
A Fairmont GXL was $9030.
A Holden Monaro GTS Hz Model was $9192.
Even in 1979 still lots of money then. If i did have a Crystal ball back then i would have asked my parents for a loan and brought a Ford Cobra.
Yes but say $9000 back in 1979 is worth in value to what in 2021 ? that's the thing, 1 million Dollars back in 1979 was could by a lot and such a one was a wealthy person, but in 2021 one million dollars is nothing much at all in value to what a million was in 1979.
A person who has one million dollars nowadays is a nobody.

So if one was to keep say a new HZ GTS as an $9000 investment, such would be a lot better off looking to invest otherwise, the value may go up in $ but not in actual true worth. a mate has a VC Brock Commodore yes it's gaining in value but when adding insurance each year and all is it really the investment one may think, his Super is gaining about 10% now.

There are some XY GT-HO fetching X stupid amounts but not all are not getting top dollars like such. but you hear many claiming that say there GTS Monaro is worth top $ like the max that one sold for, but they will never get half that.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote