View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 09:51 AM   #17
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Aged Care with Home Care Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
You could be on a knife-edge already without knowing. Say the old fellow trips on his caravan steps, shatters a couple of bones because he has (previously undiagnosed) osteoporosis. Now he’s gone from helper to extra burden.

The packages can often take literally years to come in, that’s the problem. While waiting, who will be doing the personal care, taking him to the rehab sessions, cleaning his digs? If you can get him fully assessed even in his current state, he’s in the system and that may mean either some help now (typically CHSP) or a timeline to when it is available.
Yeap and we know it, myself or my wife will have to change hours to suit.

Its already in the plan for 2021 or 2022, both of us working 9-10hr days is nice from a financial POV but its not sustainable for the family.

Modern life huh, we both worked hard to get degrees etc, so one of us will have to choose. She has taken 8-10 years off/part time having kids....but there is a point where you have to do the hard yards. But how long for and to what end?

I think I am going through a pre mid life crisis, but CV19 has also given a reason to re-evaluate.

There is always before and after school care if required, but then who looks after the oldies as well.

Im yet to hear much more from the Royal Commission on Aged Care.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote