View Single Post
Old 31-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondave69
hi there. my auntie's AU fairlane broke down this afternoon so i went to try and help her out. well she and my uncle were just driving down the road and all of a sudden the car just died. so they pulled over to check the car and found the 30A engine fuse under the bonnet was blow, so they had a 40A fuse for a spare and they put that in and drove about 100mtrs down the road and the car died again. when i arrived i brought a spare 40A fuse with me and tried that but as soon as she turned the motor over the fuse just glowed red very quickly then blew again. anyway she had to get it towed home and i told her i would come and have a look tomorrow, so does anyone know what it could be that's causing this fuse to start blowing all the time? what do i check....Thanks Dave.
Sounds like you've got a short to earth somewhere in the car. Could be caused by some old wire touching the body. I've got no idea where to start, maybe at the battery? Look at all the wires you find and look to see if the insulation has broken down, and could be making a potential short to earth.
saber is offline   Reply With Quote