View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #11
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: Speed Bleeder brake nipples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistiK View Post
Sorry to dig up a really old thread but I bought the RU639630 and they don't fit on my BA. Pretty sure they're stock calipers but they're in the shop at the moment so can't confirm.
I found that the SB1010S/639630 fitted everything except for the PBR 328mm rear caliper, which takes a longer version of the SB1010S/639630 (ie SB1010 - without the S at the end). The Russel number for a SB1010 is 639560.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...92#post5295692

I love speed bleeders. They are a brake nipple with a small internal valve that allows fluid to flow out but nothing to flow back in again. This makes bleeding brakes a one person task - loosen the nipple, go and pump the brake pedal and then tighten the speed bleeder nipple.

I have not been able to find speed bleeders in Australia so I get them from the US via mail order. The standard Falcon calipers and Brembo calipers all take a SB1010S, which is also sold by Russell Industries as 639630. I keep some of these as spares at home. However, it turns out that the rear PBR calipers on the Tornado ute use a longer nipple, the SB1010 (sold by Russell Industries as 639560). I don’t keep spares of these, so had to wait until an order from the US arrived before I could fit the speed bleeders to the calipers and flush the fluid.

On the left is the SB1010S/639630. In the middle is the standard nipple from the rear PBR caliper. On the right is the SB1010/639560.

http://www.speedbleeder.com

Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: