View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 08:07 AM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD Mondeo Maintenance Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The maintenance schedule actually isn't in the Owners Manual - it was an additional supplement. You can download an electronic copy of the owner manual from HERE.

You'll have to convert from miles to kilometres but you can get the maintenance schedule from HERE - select Mondeo 2014.75 as it covers the years up to 2019.
Hi Russell (and Mondeomars),

I've never quite understood why it is but Ford Oz changed the distance interval between services to 15,000 km (or 12 months) for the Mondeo range beginning with the MA model,

The ETIS site shows milage intervals that convert to 20,000 km intervals and this isn't true according to the service intervals shown in the owners documentation provided for the Mondeo when sold in Australia.

I suppose it may have something to do with someone believing that Oz conditions are harsher than exist in Europe and the UK but I suspect that it might have more to do with generating income for Dealers in this country.

On the MA model we previously owned the service dash indicator tripped when passing through the 20,000 km readings, but I have not noticed this happening on the MD we now own. Perhaps the factory makes a software adjustment based on the destination for the vehicle.

However, both our cars had diesel engines, and I remember that the Owners Manual covered all engine models (MA), and I've just checked our MD owners manual and that makes no distinction based on engine type.

If the OP wants me to, I'll be happy to scan the relevant service guide pages and email them to him if he sends me an address vis the PM system.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 13-05-2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: More information
AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote