View Single Post
Old 26-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #74
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: $A=$US - Are we getting ripped off?

LETS GET REAL HERE .
last night i ordered a model RC aeroplane. from hobbyking .com . they have warehouses around the world .
the plane i bought was $94 from the aussie warehouse +$14 delivery .
at the global warehouse the cost was $79 U.S + $48 delivery
the customs invoice declared the value of the plane - purchased from china @$23.99 U.S make of iut what you will but i bet the chinese company is not getting any more than 23.99 for it .
so its actually cheaper to buy it from the australian warehouse .
why did i purchase it from the global warehouse , simple , ( because i purchased other things as well at cheaper prices which made the whole lot -bundle cheeper , with the one delivery of $48 US . Why did i not spend a few more $$$$ and get quicker delivery via the aussie warehouse , ?? because the aussie warehouse simply didnt have all the parts i required in stock .
where did i get ripped off . in the U.S $$$ TO aussie$$$ conversion rate .
stole something in the order of 3% .
make of that what you will .

CAPITALISATION AT ITS BEST . why couldnt the chinese advertise this plane for say $30 .
the U.S is capitalising on the plane , so is australia , and so is whoever is stealing the conversion rate .
a plane like that 15 years ago , before china was making them would cost around $180-$200 today locally . we can see greedy capitalists sold us out , to make very qick and easy money 3 fold here , for nothing , however it has created employment for china , created shipping and transport global employment , which is a good thing , and allowed some fat people who only know how to get laborless money to get some more .

Last edited by gtfpv; 26-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote