View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #969
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Uni degrees, trades licences, all that. Put that aside. The wrong attitude people have today is the qualification makes the money. No, hard work with the qualification is how you make the money, not even that, but just hard and honest work. I see it all the time. The amount of young blokes i see come through the door and leave because they cant take an 8 hour day of not even a hard slog, but an honest day, thinking that in 4 years cruising they will instantly be a cashed up tradie blows my mind. Im not cashed up. I work hard for what i have. And its nothing amazing. But still, the other hard working blokes who are my colleagues still question how the hell i own a house. Being on the same or a better rate then myself, i just have to say, well, i only earn the extra 20k over them because saturdays to me are considered work days. Overtime, work. Money can be exchanged for goods and services. So i put in the extra service in exchange for money, and that money i use in exchange for goods. Well, the entitlement which people think they have, wake up sunshine. You only take out what you put in. Nobody cares about what is handed to them, yet sonething earned is treated like gold. Its a generational attitude thing.
I been approached by young blokes numerous times in my travels asking to be my offsider then process to tell me what they can not do.
Oh I got a sore back, Oh I can not travel far, I spend a lot of time in the gym so I might not be able to work long hours one guy insisted I should provide a forklift for any helper.

Can you do the F ing work or not if not p*ss off.

This laziness is effecting every industry and I can see why it is effecting the housing market, really if anything, less trade skills means the housing market should go higher due to less houses.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote