View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 AM   #59
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet
How much flight time can you typically expect?
I get between 2.30 - 3.25min from a 4s 1300mah 100c battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
How much flying time (range) do these things have?
Normal setup you can get maybe a Km at most. If you go longrange with a crossfire the same quad could got 5Km. Wings are being flown at 20Km + on crossfire these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Too many factors, depends on weight and how many cells in your pack, what motors you're packing and how far away you plan on getting (in any direction). A lot of it will depend on peripherals too, your camera(s) and Rx/video transmitter.

I'm going to be using 3S packs (three LiPo cells in series, so 11.1V), but haven't flown yet as it's still a work in progress.

Creative (who is using 4S and is moving to 6S) and the OP could tell you what they get but it'll only be an indication and not any thing useful. In fact the OP's flight times should be pretty similar, the DJI drones aren't quick and nothing ever changes in setup...having said that the batteries are normally under-specced and the things are relatively heavy.

Generally if you fly like a pussy the drone will stay in the air longer too...but where's the fun in that?
Correct. This hobby is about trade off. You can go bigger battery but the extra weight negates the extra power you get and you start to see diminishing returns. I fly 1300mah 4s (14.8v Charged) batteries that get me 3min of freestyle on average. The same battery on a racer would get maybe 1.30min at full throttle.

I am going 6s ( 25.2v fully charged and which involves lower KV motors ) at the moment and whilst I will be using more cells the Mah capacity will be less, I will be trying 1250mah and 1000mah and I should see about 4min of flight time.

And yes, these things will jump start your car
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere

Last edited by creative; 06-08-2018 at 12:39 AM.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: