View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #40
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Interesting looking drone, looks like it's home build.

I would not call DJI drones crap, personally I think they are probably some of the best on the market for the price.

I just want to take my drone out of the box and fly it, I have no interest in stuffing around with it and building it.

Just because some people have a different level of interest does not make their interest crap.

I mean I like driving a 700hp Big Block, so may be your car is just crap because it's not a 700hp big block.
It looks like a 'home build' because it is a 'home build'...

...but that wasn't a disparaging or condescending remark was it?

The problem with buying a drone out of a box is that you're tied to the box manufacturer's gear.

Whereas I wouldn't call them crap both DJI and Mavic are both horrendously expensive...but they appeal to people that don't have the time or patience to learn how to put a drone together.

The issue is of course that if your DJI or Mavic breaks then you take it to a DJI or Mavic service centre and they give you copious butt-hurt in the wallet...mainly because they can. DJI and Mavic are the airborne equivalent of Apple.

They are also slow-as, so if you're after the equivalent of an airborne Datsun 120Y you're in the right place (they do make a good camera platform however).

Something breaks on mine I pay $30 for a new part and away I go...'home made' drones make rubbish camera platform for taking pics of stationary objects, like houses.

They make excellent camera platforms for people who like to wish they can fly like a bird:

...and yeah some of the flying is pretty insane (and grossly illegal). Cool though and epic control.
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: