View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #31
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Thanks, great stuff

Rx is a FrSky XSR.
VTX is a TBS Unify Pro 5G8 HV.
FC is a Mateksys F405-AI0 (FC and PDB in one).

I am starting off with 3S packs...

I started off in Electronics back in the '80s. I was a tech in the Defence Force and then got into IT. Did some RC stuff before I had kids in the early 90s, cannot believe how unbelievably small everything is now...

...and comparatively it's cheap as chips

The main issue I have is I live 80km from Melbourne CBD and there are no decent hobby shops. Everything is mail order...

Secondary issue is that due to staring at screens for 30+ years my eyes have had enough and I am now long-sighted and wear glasses. FPV goggles don't accommodate long-sighted people very well, I have FatShark Transformer HD goggles that should be adjustable enough for me to get away with my glasses underneath (they work ok around the house)...

...either that or I get used to contacts.
i run the xsr, great receiver. I also run the tbs unify race. had issues with the HV overheating so went beck to the race and had no issues since.
not a fan of Matek fc's. Some of the guys I fly with love them but I have never got on with them. I run the betaflight f4.

Skip 3s, you will out grow it very quickly. Just go straight to 4s and turn your rates down a bit.

I also wear glasses but have diopters in my Dom v3's. Will be getting a set of ROH prescription inserts for them soon.

As for online ordering... www.phaserfpv.com.au My mates shop and my local. Get 90% of my stuff from him. You wont be disappointment with the service.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: