View Single Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default Orsm Ford Cruisers Is Created

Hi guys for the newer members of the club they may not know the how and why the club was formed so l thought l would explain it's origins.

l was with another Car club in Melbourne for 1 and a half years with my BA XR8 and did have fun with the club and it's members but in the last 6 months l began to see some things l did not like. As a newish member to this club you could see who were the number one players within the club as these people sort of made all decisions for the club and also influenced the commitee in some of it's decisions. Also the other things that annoyed me was how it spent it's members memberships monies and sponsers.

l myself as others would know l am very passionate about promoting a club and the display of the club at shows. ln sayin this l was disapointed in the fact as the club did not see my ideas in spending monies on promoting the club so it is the only club that stands out from others, as just because you can get 25-30 cars only and lining them up does not make your club stand out from the rest.....
So with my ideas going to the way side l left the club and started my own with the help from a few others.........

So l called up Leo,Steve,John,Cameron and another Steve and we went out to our Bridge Rd Cafe hang out were l put it to the guys if they would support my idea of starting this club. A few were spectical as this was new to us in starting something from scratch, especially with us thinking are we going to get others to join.......

So myself and Leo sat down one night and threw ideas for the club's name and since we both had the number plates ORSMXR and ORSMT6 we thought why not ORSM FORD CRUISERS so in saying this l went and registered the club.

So now since we have a club a rang a few of the other guys to form the commitee ie: Marty,Tony,Marco,Allan,Phill,Cameron,Steve and Churchy even thou church still hadn't become a member yet as wasn't sure it was right to leave the other club yet. So that night we had come up with a full calender of events and who was doin what in the club.
l became president,Leo Vice President,Marty as segutary,Marco as Treasurer,Allan and Tony as events co-ordinators,Steve and Cameron as website co-ordinators and Phil as membership co-ordinator.
So we were well on the way.

So now came to designing our club shirts,flags,banners and getting some club sponsers. Leo came up with a few logos and shirt designs (photos below) and then Steve came up with the Logo for the entry page for the website which now became the logo for the club and it's shirts.

The Clubs Logo

First design Back

First design Front

Next was to find a venue for our meetings as my house was not the place as we were a growing club, so l went out to a few Pubs in the Northern Subs and found the Pascoe Vale Taverner and this became our home for the duration, and as l hear we are out growing this venue as well.

So now went out searching for flag and banner makers and came up with a place in Airport West so we made our banners and flags which debued at Sandown 2005 which was a suprise for the members as they thought they would not be ready in time for the big race.
Clubs Banner

The Crew

But before the banners could be made had to go out and get sponsers to put on them. l asked my good mate Chris from BluePower Racing,Terry from Professional Exhuast,Torque Tyres and Bayford Ford in Coburg.

So with this l proud to have started the ORSM FORD CRUISERS CLUB OF VICTORIA as it took a couple of GOOD mates to get where the club is today, hense the club is founded upon every member always being good mates and helping each other with sometimes personal lives and their cars. So as we have proven at all opur Displays and Events we are an outstanding club to be apart of and still growing better and better as the years go on.

Cheers Chris.

Also if any of the guys have any photos of the club at it's first stages please post in here......

Last edited by X ORSMXR; 30-09-2007 at 07:47 PM.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote