View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #199
FOMOCOAU
Starter Motor

Default Re: Definitive AU1 to AU2/AU3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
i just put on AU2 brakes on my AU1 and I can confirm the stock master cylinder does a fantastic job with no issues with a longer pedal at all
my AU1 is a March '99 build and I read that in May '99 they all got the revised larger master cylinder to help with long spongy pedal feel when hot
how can i tell if mine has the larger master cylinder? its 100% and never been touched before

also i'm going to fit a full set of PBR upgrade brakes once i get my 17in wheels refurbished as they don't fit under my 15's currently
the fronts i know will just bolt on but how about the rears? will the caliper bolt onto the live axle rear of my AU1? if so is it just spacers i need? and what size? they are 328mm x 26mm wide where as the AU1 is 287 and 10.5mm wide
or should i sell the upgrade rear calipers and just fit BA-FG rears with 303mm x 16mm rotors and forget the vented rear calipers, the AU is alot lighter than any BA-FG anyway
I have done a s1 to s2 front swap on my sept 99 xr8 previously..now wanting to upgrade to ba rotors and calipers. is there anything else required for this swap? tia.
FOMOCOAU is offline   Reply With Quote